Contoh Soal dan Rumus Reported Speech (Indirect Speech)
|Contoh Soal dan Rumus Reported Speech (Indirect Speech)|
Rumus Reported Speech
Dengan kata lain, pembicara mengatakan hal yang dikatakan oleh narasumber lain. Kalimat ini berlaku pada semua tenses dan semua bentuk pernyataan, pertanyaan, perintah, dan lain-lain.
Indirect verb adalah kata kerja yang digunakan sebagai penanda digunakkanya kalimat tidak langsung. Misal, she said that ..... .
Cara Mengubah Direct Menjadi Indirect Speech
1. Ubah sudut pandang subjek
- Direct : Anto said, "I am very angry".
- Indirect : Anto said that he was very angry.
2. Lihat tenses kalimat langsung
Jika tense dari kalimat induk berupa present maka tidak terjadi perubahan tense.
- direct : Andin says, " I'm very beautiful".
- indirect : Andin sayas that she is very beautiful.
- direct : Rina said, "I'm very beautiful"
- indirect : Rina said that she was very beautiful.
3. Ubah keterangan waktu
- now -> then/at the time
- today -> that day
- yesterday -> the day before
- the day before yesterday -> two days before
- tomorrow -> the next day/the following day
- the day after tomorrow -> in two day's time
- next week/month/year -> the following week/month/year
- last week/month/year -> the previous week/month/year
- direct : Sisi said, "I study hard yesterday".
- indirect : Sisi said that she studied hard the day before.
Rumus Reported Speech
1. simple present tense -> simple past tense
- direct : He said, "I bring a book".
- indirect : He said that he bought a book.
2. present continuous -> past continuous
- direct : She said, "My mother is cooking".
- indirect : She said that her mother was cooking.
3. simple past tense -> past perfect
- direct : They told me, "We visited your home"
- indirect : They told me that they had visited my home.
4. present perfect -> past perfect
- direct : "I have met her", he told me.
- indirect : He told me that he had met her.
5. past perfect -> past perfect
- direct : "My brother had driven a car", she said.
- indirect : She said that her brother had driven a car.
6. present perfect continuous -> past perfect continuous
- direct : He said, "I have been playing game for 2 hours".
- indirect : He said that he had been playing game for 2 hours.
7. past continuous -> past perfect continuous
- direct : My mother told me, "I was cooking rice".
- indirect : My mother told me that she had been cooking rice.
8. present future -> past future
- direct : He said, "I will go to school tomorrow".
- indirect : He said that he would go to school the next day.
9. future continuous -> past future continuous
- direct : She said, "I will be sleeping at 7 P.M".
- indirect : She said that she would be sleeping at 7 P.M.
Contoh Reported Speech with Modals
- can -> could
- must -> must/had to
- have to -> had to
- would -> would
- could -> could
- might -> might
- direct : She sad, "I can speak English well".
- indirect : She said that she could speak English well.