Reported Speech (Direct and Indirect Speech)
|Reported Speech: Contoh, Jenis, Rumus, Exercise|
Pengertian Reported Speech
Cara Mengubah Direct Speech Menjadi Indirect Speech
1. Mengubah sudut pandang subjek
- L: Rina said, "I am very angry".
- TL: Rina said that she was very angry.
2. Merubah tense yang dipakai dalam tanda petik ("....")
- L: Rio says, "He is handsome".
- TL: Rio says that he is handsome.
- L: Rina said, "I'm very beautiful"
- TL: Rina said that she was very beautiful.
3. Mengubah keterangan waktu
- now -> then/at the time
- today -> that day
- yesterday -> the day before
- the day before yesterday -> two days before
- tomorrow -> the next day/the following day
- the day after tomorrow -> in two day's time
- next week/month/year -> the following week/month/year
- last week/month/year -> the previous week/month/year
- L: Sisi said, "I study hard yesterday".
- TL: Sisi said that she studied hard the day before.
4. Mengubah keterangan lain
- This -> that
- These -> those
- Here -> there
- L: He told me, "My father buy this wallet for me."
- TL: He told me that his father bought that wallet for him.
Rumus Perubahan Reported Speech Semua Tenses
1. simple present tense -> simple past tense
- L: He said, "I bring a book".
- TL: He said that he bought a book.
2. present continuous -> past continuous
- L: She said, "My mother is cooking".
- TL: She said that her mother was cooking.
3. simple past tense -> past perfect
- L: They told me, "We visited your home"
- TL: They told me that they had visited my home.
4. present perfect -> past perfect
- L: "I have met her", he told me.
- TL: He told me that he had met her.
5. past perfect -> past perfect
- L: "My brother had driven a car", she said.
- TL: She said that her brother had driven a car.
6. present perfect continuous -> past perfect continuous
- L: He said, "I have been playing a game for 2 hours".
- TL: He said that he had been playing a game for 2 hours.
7. past continuous -> past perfect continuous
- L: My mother told me, "I was cooking rice".
- TL: My mother told me that she had been cooking rice.
8. present future -> past future
- L: He said, "I will go to school tomorrow".
- TL: He said that he would go to school the next day.
9. future continuous -> past future continuous
- L: She said, "I will be sleeping at 7 P.M".
- TL: She said that she would be sleeping at 7 P.M.
Rumus Reported Speech dengan Modals
- can -> could
- must -> must/had to
- will -> would
- would -> would
- could -> could
- might -> might
- have to -> had to
- L: He said, "I can speak English."
- TL: He said that he could speak English.
- L: Our teacher told us, "You have to study hard."
- TL: Our teacher told us that we had to study hard.
- L: Anita said, "My brother might help me."
- TL: Anita said that her brother might help her.
Jenis dan Macam Reported Speech
1. Kalimat statement (pernyataan)
- L: They told me, "We will go to school."
- TL: They told me that they would go to school.
2. Kalimat pertanyaan 5W1H (question)
- L: Rando asked me, "What is your name?"
- TL: Rando asked me what my name was.
- L: The teacher asked me, "How old are you?"
- TL: The teacher asked me how my old was,
3. Kalimat yes/no question
- L: Ronaldo asked me, "Did you know me?"
- TL: Ronaldo asked me if/whether I had known him.
4. Kalimat perintah (imperative sentence)
- L: Tika asked me, "Close your book!"
- TL: Tika asked me to close the book.
5. Kalimat larangan (prohibition)
- L: Sartika told me, "Don't go without me!"
- TL: Sartika told me not to go without her.